Playing Fields Committee
The Playing Fields Committee was formed to oversee theThe Playing Fields Committee was formed to oversee the management of the parks and playing fields that are a key part of Ashton Keynes village life.
There are 3 main areas in the village that fall under this committee and clubs regularly usingthese facilities include: Senior Football, Youth Football, Cricket Club and Tennis Club.
- The Lotts playground - a quiet park between The Lotts and Eastfield, designed for younger children to have fun and learn new skills. The playground is away from roads and has a good range of equipment from swings to slides.
- The High Road playing field - in the centre of the village this space offers a range of facilities including football pitches and football pavillion, x 3 tennis courts and clubhouse and a range of play equipment. In addition there is a youth shelter which is an area designated to allow young people to meet.
- The Bradstone Pavillion - this is on the edge of the village and has a further rangeof facilities including a cricket pitch and hard surface multi-use games area(MUGA) for practising netball, basketball and 5-a-side football.
These facilities are used regularly by cycle clubs and are available for private hire for parties and corporate events. Bradstone tarriffs are available from the Booking Sec on 861493. To view these facilities click here
The members of the committee are:
- Committee Chair - Martin Young
- Secretary - Helen Shakespeare
- Treasurer - Kay Wingrove
- Bookings Secretary - Peter Battrick
- Senior Football rep - Richard Sutton
- Youth Football rep - Martin Young
- Cricket rep - Mark Thomas
- Tennis rep - Helen Shakespeare
- Parish Council reps - Sam Crawford and Phil Moran